Aries In The City

Journey to Lyon

Hey there,

I made it to Paris at 10 am local time on Saturday and I realized that I lost my scarf :(. It was a nice flight and I really enjoyed looking at the clouds in the sky. Such a beautiful sight! It’s something I’ll never get tired of doing.

Unfortunately for me, my cousin wasn’t able to pick me up for the airport as she was flying out to Brussels that same day so I decided to take a trip to my other cousin’s house in Lyon which is a 6 hour drive from Paris and a little over 1 hour by train. I decided to take the bus which was only 30€. I got on Ouibus at 2pm and just looked out at the country. At some point, we made a stop to rest a bit. I was starting to get a headache so I went in the restaurant and ordered food. As I looked into my purse to get my wallet, I realized that I left it on the bus which was locked! I asked the bus driver if he could unlock the bus  but he didn’t have the keys and the other driver was eating so I was shit out of luck. When it was time to leave, I sneaked out the back and till this day I still feel bad about it but what could I do?

By then it was getting dark and we still had a long way to go. Before I knew it I was fast asleep and I woke a couple times in major pain. The bus isn’t the most comfortable place to sleep you know. My neck and my shoulder was aching pretty bad.

At 10 pm, I finally arrived in Lyon where my beautiful cousin ( apparently we look alike) and her husband came to meet me. They kindly helped me with my bags and we took the metro to Gorge de Loup where they live. I had a lovely dinner and then I went to bed.

How was everyone else’s weekend? What did you do?

J

1. Kristina

October 4, 2017 at 17:26

Love Paris! I went there when I lived in England. My weekends are relaxing yet also doing some mini home projects!

2. Melissa Chapman

October 4, 2017 at 17:39

It sounds like your foreign adventure had a happy ending. I am sure we will hear more about this trip which sounds like it had an amazing start.

3. StylishGeek

October 4, 2017 at 19:41

This weekend I visited my parents in the suburbs! Haha…wish they lived in Paris so I could go there! Love your photos! Thanks for sharing!

4. Terri

October 5, 2017 at 00:46

Always fun at our house on the weekends! We saw Penn and Teller at our local University theater. So funny! Then we spent the day at a BBQ and Blues festival. Great music and food!

5. robin rue

October 5, 2017 at 01:23

Love that you went to Paris. I have always wanted to go there and hope to get there someday…sorry about your scarf.

6. Marcie

October 5, 2017 at 03:51

I’m happy you made it to Paris! It’s one of my favorite cities! And how lucky that you have family there!

7. Journa Ramirez

October 5, 2017 at 03:56

It’s my dream! I hope we can go there someday. You are blessed to have the opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world.

8. Rachel

October 5, 2017 at 04:10

I definitely wasn’t in Paris. I was serving pie at a family fall fest night at my kid’s school.

9. Blythe

October 5, 2017 at 05:00

My weekend was nowhere near as exciting as yours. I did do some baking/cooking for Yom Kippur break fast but other than that it was pretty low key. Sounds like you had quite the adventure on your way to Lyon.

10. Jessica

October 5, 2017 at 09:56

It sounds like you had a busy weekend. I need to do more travel, but my baby is still rather young, so we are going to have him be just a bit older so he can appreciate doing it with us and his older sister.

11. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh

October 5, 2017 at 14:49

I would love to visit one of these days! Our weekend was pretty low key. I cleaned house and did some laundry. I also worked on some recipes, and worked on my daughter calendar for homeschool.

12. reesa

October 5, 2017 at 18:12

This is way cooler than my weekend! I hope you have a wonderful time in Lyon!

13. Hey Sharonoox

October 5, 2017 at 20:38

Glad to hear that your adventure had a sweet ending. We’re having a long thanksgiving weekend so we’re spending it on a road trip. Shopping, canoeing, taking a stroll in the woods are in our itinerary.

14. Ayana Pitterson

October 6, 2017 at 15:05

Paris is certainly a beautiful city. I am sorry that the beginning of the trip seemed a little off, but I do hope it got better each day forward.

Thrifting Diva

15. Heather

October 7, 2017 at 07:55

Your weekend sounds so much more magical than mine. We moved and while I’m very excited about our new home, I’m not at all thrilled about unpacking a zillion boxes!

16. Kaity | With Kids and Coffee

October 9, 2017 at 14:38

We went to the state fair this weekend. It was fun, but I would definitely trade for an adventure in Paris—one of my favorite cities! Hope you enjoy. 🙂

17. Melissa

October 9, 2017 at 15:36

My weekend was good. I spent it at two of my favorite places- seeing my team play soccer and at a pumpkin patch.

Comments are closed.