Aries In The City

A Day in East Central France

I came to France to visit family I haven’t seen since I was a little girl. I have so many older cousins here who are old enough to be my parents and in fact took care of me as a baby. They are now all settled with kids of their own that I finally got to meet on this trip so of course I am using this as an opportunity to spend as much time with them as I can as well as get to know them.

For this trip, I am staying in a town called Gorge de Loup which literally translates to the throat of the wolf. This town is located in France’s third largest city, Lyon. Lyon is a truly beautiful city as is all the cities in Europe. It has everything that you could possibly want and a diverse population. For those of you who like to cook, there are grocery stores everywhere that are easy to find and if you want to eat out, there are a lot of different restaurants you could try. Whichever route you choose, you really can’t lose because the food here is so damn good. The transportation here is also excellent. You could get around pretty easily and in good time. I love it here!

Do you have family abroad that you just love to visit?

J

1. robin rue

October 26, 2017 at 00:43

That sounds like such an amazing place to visit. I have never been to France, but do hope to get there one day.

1. Jeannette Rai

October 26, 2017 at 12:06

If you do go to France, I would definitely recommend Lyon. Paris of course is also very beautiful.

2. Terri

October 26, 2017 at 01:43

I don’t have any family abroad, but if I ever do, I will take advantage and visit. My daughter would love to live abroad but I don’t think that will happen for her.

3. AnnMarie John

October 26, 2017 at 09:31

I grew up in the Carribean and it would be so nice to go back and visit my brother there! I think it’s awesome to be able to visit family wherever they may be! I’m sure you had a great time!

4. Donah @ SJB

October 26, 2017 at 11:01

There a lot to visit in France to, or in Europe as a whole. And having a family member would be so helpful, for it would surely significantly reduce your travelling expenses.

5. Jessica

October 26, 2017 at 11:56

how stunningly beautiful! I have always wanted to travel to France. It is on my list of places to take the kids when they get a little older. Looks like there is quite a bit to do as well

6. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh

October 26, 2017 at 13:35

What a lovely visit to France. A dear friend of mine is from South Africa and lived in Europe for a short period of time. She shes that everything is just so beautiful, full of history, and unlike anything in America. I’d love to visit one day.

7. Melissa Chapman

October 26, 2017 at 14:19

We usually only hear about Paris when people go to France so it is nice to know other parts are just as special. I hope to travel more to places like Lyon as I get older if I have the time and money.

8. reesa

October 26, 2017 at 14:21

I have always wanted to go to France. So much beauty and history. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos!

9. ashley

October 26, 2017 at 15:43

France looks so beautiful! I have been meaning to go but have yet to take a trip there!

10. Rachel

October 26, 2017 at 16:36

This is so beautiful. I went to France 20 years ago and I really want to go back.

11. Brittany

October 26, 2017 at 17:21

I don’t have any family aboard but I have plenty of friends throughout the globe. I need to start planning some trips to visit them – especially the ones in France 😉

12. Blythe

October 27, 2017 at 02:10

I don’t have family living abroad, at least not that I know of, but I wish I did. I always thought it would be nice to travel to other countries and have a built-in tour guide to show me the best of what their home has to offer.

13. Cindy Ingalls

October 27, 2017 at 02:12

It would be so much fun to visit family abroad, especially in such a beautiful location like Lyon. I wish I had family in another country. Maybe I need to adopt some.

14. Tiffany

October 27, 2017 at 13:19

Such a beautiful city! I have France on the top of my list of places I want to explore some day.

15. LaToyia Dennis

October 27, 2017 at 13:27

Great post! Your photos are fantastic and France looks amazing!

16. Jeanine

October 27, 2017 at 15:52

The photos look beautiful and France is such a fun and amazing place to visit! I’d love to take a family trip abroad and show my kids many countries overseas.

17. Heather

October 28, 2017 at 17:44

What a beautiful day! We’ve never visited France but I did take several years of French in college and would love to experience the culture.

18. TColeman

October 28, 2017 at 18:12

This looks like such a beautiful place. France is seriously on my travel bucket list!

19. Amber Nelson

October 29, 2017 at 23:03

Wow, what great memories you made! Those photos are so nice! I would love to visit France one day.

Comments are closed.